What is Team Science?
Team science is a collaborative effort to address a scientific challenge that leverages the strengths and expertise of professionals trained in different fields
Scientific labs must work as a team to advance research. We believe that both intra and inter-institutional collaboration is key to conducting effective cancer research. Cancer moonshot programs would not be successful without a research network willing to collaborate effectively
Given the importance of collaboration in cancer research we have compiled several resources to ensure laboratory team success:
- Does every team member understand overall lab goals and how their individual goals relate to the big picture?
- Complete Team Charter [PDF]
- Do lab/team members offer effective feedback at group meetings?
- Review and Complete Effective Feedback Structure [PDF]
- Do lab/team members support each other and share data and credit?
- Complete Team Effectiveness Rubric [PDF]
- Does every member have the technical expertise and resources they need?
- Complete Team Charter [PDF]. We can also conduct personal interviews if needed
- Are they engaged in collaborative projects outside the lab?
- Are conflicts handled well?